Developed by Johannes Hodde
Reach new customers from all around the world by translating your shop into any number of languages.
How does langify improve the business of your store?
shopify is a great platform but lacks support for multilingual storefronts.
Because of that, store owners have to stick with one language at all times. clients, on the other hand, shop from all around the world and expect your store to be available in their preferred language.
That said, a lot of potential customers might leave your store if they are not:
- redirected to a storefront matching their preferred language
- provided with an option to switch to their preferred language.
langify fills that gap by allowing store owners to easily provide multilingual storefronts including the following features:
- Automatic language detection (customers will be redirected to their preferred language automatically)
- Customizable language switcher (customers can choose their preferred language manually)
- Multiple domains per language (translated storefronts can be hosted on specific domains)
- Full SEO support including the translation of Meta Tags (when using multiple domains per language)
- Import/Export of translations (CSV, gettext, XLIFF, JSON)
- Support for all kind of languages including Right-To-Left languages
- Image translation support
langify has been built with simplicity in mind.
After you have installed langify you can start translating instantly without having to prepare your themes for translations.
langify is smart enough to extract all translatable content from your shop and prepares your themes so your translations can be displayed.
Translate your content:
Simply create one or more languages and start translating your
- Product Variants
- Pages (including the checkout page)
- Blog Posts
- Themes (including labels, placeholders, the title tag, etc.)
- Email Notifications
- Vendors and Tags
- Page Title
- Page Description
Please note that the products cannot be translated on the checkout page and in your notifications and will always show up in your base language for those sections.
Publish your translations:
Once you are ready, publish your translations with a few simple clicks.
Translate into as many languages as you want:
langify does not put a limit on the amount of languages you can translate into.
Import/Export your translations
langify currently supports the following file formats:
- PO/MO (gettext)
Support for internationalized themes
langify allows you to import existing theme translations from shopify.
Multiple domains per language (optional):
langify allows you to assign multiple domains to your languages. You can have your French content available at fr.myshop.com or myshop.fr (or even both) whereas your English content is available at myshop.com.
Translate your meta tags:
langify allows you to translate your title and description tags so that Google, Facebook, Twitter and Co. will be able to preview your translations correctly.
langify won't work on stores that have installed the shortcodes app (https://apps.shopify.com/shortcodes)!
langify does not translate your content automatically!
Currently looking for beta testers for another app called geolizr (it's a great addition to langify)
geolizr allows you to
- show all prices in your customer's local currency
- display notifications based on your visitor's country
- add country specific redirects